Definition of dye transfer
1 : a color printing process in which dyed images (cyan, magenta, and yellow) on three matrices are transferred successively in register onto a paper surface
2 : a print made by the dye transfer process
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game