Definition of dwarf sumac
: a common nonpoisonous shrub (Rhus copallina) of eastern North America having green paniculate flowers, red fruit, and compound leaves
— called also black sumac
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game