Definition of dwarf cornel
: either of two red-berried perennial herbs of the genus Cornus:
a or dwarf dogwood : bunchberry sense 1
b or dwarf honeysuckle : a closely related plant (C. suecica) with opposite leaves and purple bracts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?