du·rio | \ ˈd(y)u̇rēˌō\
Definition of durio
1 capitalized : a small genus of tall Asiatic and Indian trees (family Bombacaceae) with tapering leaves and small greenish flowers
2 plural -s : any tree of the genus Durio
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game