Definition of duodenal juice
: an alkaline protein-containing fluid of weak digestive power that is secreted by the duodenum, aids in neutralizing the acid chyme of the stomach, and contains invertase, maltase, lactase, erepsin, and enterokinase
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?