Definition of dunker
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Dunker (Entry 2 of 2)
: a member of the Church of the Brethren or any of several other originally German Baptist denominations practicing trine immersion and love feasts and refusing to take oaths or to perform military service
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game