dumbed down; dumbing down; dumbs down
Definition of dumb down
: to lower the level of difficulty and the intellectual content of (something, such as a textbook) also : to lower the general level of intelligence in the dumbing down of society
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game