Definition of dry multure
: a yearly tax payable in money or grain to a mill owner for the grinding of grain grown on land subject to thirlage or for the right to have that grain ground elsewhere
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game