Definition of dry bark
: a phase of shell bark of citrus in which the oustanding symptoms are yellowing and some defoliation, loss of vigor, and death of tissues nearly down to the cambium of trunk and large branches with checking but little or no shelling of the bark
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game