drum intophrasal verb
Definition of drum into
: to force (something) to be learned by (someone) by repeating it over and over again Our teacher drummed the lesson into our heads. The importance of saying "please" and "thank you" was drummed into us as children.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game