drum intophrasal verb
drummed into; drumming into; drums into
Definition of drum into
: to force (something) to be learned by (someone) by repeating it over and over again Our teacher drummed the lesson into our heads. The importance of saying "please" and "thank you" was drummed into us as children.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game