Definition of dropping bottle
1 : a small pitcher-shaped bottle with a curved or tapered neck used to supply liquids in small amounts (as to test tubes) — compare burette
2a : a small bottle with a grooved glass stopper and neck permitting the contents to be poured out in drops
b : a bottle furnished with a dropper or a glass rod applicator
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game