drop·page | \ -pij\
Definition of droppage
1 : a portion of a quantity of material that is dropped in the process of its use or application (as of mortar while laying brick)
2 : a portion of a fruit crop that falls from the tree before it is ready for picking warm weather, which caused much tree droppage — Wall Street Journal
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game