drop/dump (something) in/into/on someone's lapidiom
Definition of drop/dump (something) in/into/on someone's lap
: to give (something) to someone suddenly even though he or she did not want it or expect it Another major problem was dumped into her lap.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game