drop someone a lineidiom (1)
Definition of drop someone a line
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to write someone a letter Drop me a line sometime.
drop (someone) a lineidiom (2)
Definition of drop (someone) a line (Entry 2 of 2)
: to send (someone) a brief note or message Drop me a line while you're away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game