droits of Admiralty
Definition of droits of Admiralty
: certain rights or perquisites (as the proceeds of enemies' ships seized in port or taken by uncommissioned captors or from wrecks and derelicts) that formerly belonged to the Court of Admiralty but are now allowed to the captor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?