Definition of driver salesman
: a salesman (as of beverages, ice cream, cigars) who calls on customers along a regular route carrying samples of new products and combining sales activities with deliveries and collection of empties
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game