drive (someone) madidiom
Definition of drive (someone) mad
1 : to cause (someone) to become mentally ill Years alone in the jungle had driven him mad.
2 : to annoy or bother (someone) very much That noise is driving me mad!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game