drive (someone) madidiom
Definition of drive (someone) mad
1 : to cause (someone) to become mentally ill Years alone in the jungle had driven him mad.
2 : to annoy or bother (someone) very much That noise is driving me mad!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game