drink (someone) under the tableidiom
Definition of drink (someone) under the table
: to drink more alcohol than (someone else) without becoming extremely drunk, unconscious, etc. He tried to drink me under the table.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game