drill intophrasal verb
drilled into; drilling into; drills into
Definition of drill into
: to force (something) to be learned very well by (someone) by repeating it again and again Our teacher drilled the lesson into our heads.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game