Definition of dried-fruit beetle
: a very small broad brown beetle (Carpophilus hemipterus) with pale-spotted elytra which do not cover the abdomen that is a cosmopolitan pest on stored products and is especially destructive to dried fruit and cereals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?