drag intophrasal verb
dragged into; dragging into; drags into
Definition of drag into
: to involve (a person, group, etc.) in (a difficult or complicated situation) I'm sorry for dragging you into this. We will not let the country be dragged into another war.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game