drag downphrasal verb
dragged down; dragging down; drags down
Definition of drag down
1 : to force (someone) into a bad situation or condition We cannot let our enemies drag us down to their level.
2 : to make (someone) unhappy You can't let her bad moods drag you down.
3 : to make (something) lower in amount or quality High energy costs are dragging down profits.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game