Definition of drag chain
: a chain that drags: such as
a : a chain for coupling freight cars
b : a metal conveyor belt for removing the clinker from a cement kiln
c : a chain that is attached to the chassis of a motor vehicle (as a gasoline tank truck) and drags on the roadway to ground the chassis and prevent accumulation of static electricity
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game