Definition of dox
- On general principles, I support Internet anonymity and look askance at people's efforts to “out” or “dox” anonymous Web commenters whose views they disagree with, much less for simple sport.
- —Damon Poeter, PC Magazine, 15 Oct. 2012
- This isn't the first time the LAPD has been doxxed. In 2011, a group affiliated with the online hackers Anonymous claimed responsibility for posting personal information of more than 40 officers, including their home addresses, campaign contributions, property records, and names of family members after they claimed the LAPD oppressed them by shutting down the Occupy L.A. Movement.
- —Christine Pelisek, The Daily Beast, 13 Mar. 2013
doxingor doxxing noun
- … “doxxing”—the term used for the troll harassment technique of finding and then posting a user's sensitive personal information, including addresses, phone numbers, and even Social Security numbers.
- —Harry Bruinius, The Christian Science Monitor, 5 Feb. 2015