Definition of down card
1 : a card dealt face down in any card game in which certain other cards are dealt face up
2 : a card that is part of a player's hand but is left face down on the table while the other cards are exposed
3 : hole card
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game