double wingback formationnoun
variants: or double wing
Definition of double wingback formation
: an offensive football formation in which two halfbacks play approximately one yard outside the offensive ends and one yard behind the line of scrimmage
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game