dote on/uponphrasal verb
doted on/upon; doting on/upon; dotes on/upon
Definition of dote on/upon
: to give a lot of love or attention to (someone or something) She doted on her new grandchild.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game