dote on/uponphrasal verb
doted on/upon; doting on/upon; dotes on/upon
Definition of dote on/upon
: to give a lot of love or attention to (someone or something) She doted on her new grandchild.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?