Definition of dopesheet
1 or less commonly dopebook \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗ \ : a circular of information for bettors listing entries of racehorses and their past records
2 : a circular of up-to-date information, reports, and analyses on any special activity or personnel reports on keys by locksmiths over the country are tabulated in a dopesheet a stock exchange dopesheet every district attorney comes to the task of jury selection with a special dopesheet on all members of the panel— H. M. Robinson
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game