don't look nowidiom
Definition of don't look now
—used in speech before a statement to tell someone to be aware of something without looking Don't look now, but they're coming our way.Don't look now, but I think we're being followed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game