don't look nowidiom
Definition of don't look now
—used in speech before a statement to tell someone to be aware of something without looking Don't look now, but they're coming our way.Don't look now, but I think we're being followed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game