Definition of dollarfish
1 : a small marine butterfish (Poronotus triacanthus) of the family Stromateidae with a laterally compressed body common in summer on the Atlantic coast of the northern and middle U.S.
— called also harvest fish
2 : lookdown
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game