Definition of dollar spot
: a disease of golf-green and lawn grasses caused by a fungus (Sclerotinia homeocarpa) and characterized by areas in the turf about two inches in diameter that are first brownish but become bleached straw colored and finally coalesce to form large irregular patches — compare grease spot
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?