Definition of dogtrot
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a quick easy gait suggesting that of a dog
2 chiefly Southern US and Midland US : a roofed passage similar to a breezeway especially : one connecting two parts of a cabin
dogtrotted; dogtrotting; dogtrots
Definition of dogtrot (Entry 2 of 2)
: to move or progress at a dogtrot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game