Definition of dogtrot
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a quick easy gait suggesting that of a dog
2 chiefly Southern US and Midland US : a roofed passage similar to a breezeway especially : one connecting two parts of a cabin
dogtrotted; dogtrotting; dogtrots
Definition of dogtrot (Entry 2 of 2)
: to move or progress at a dogtrot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game