variants: or documentary draft or less commonly document bill
Definition of documentary bill
: a bill of exchange drawn on a consignee of goods and having appended to it the shipment documents by way of collateral security for its payment
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game