do·bla | \ ˈdōblə\
Definition of dobla
: any of several Spanish gold coins dating back as far as the 13th century
Note: Especially noted for its artistic design was the dobla of the mid-14th century.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game