Definition of do-over
: a new attempt or opportunity to do something after a previous attempt has been unsuccessful or unsatisfactory Art, unlike life, permits do-overs: the illusion that one can get things right with craft and persistence.— Kahn Man As for his pitch, Keaton's first try was in the dirt. He requested a do-over and fired one right down the middle.— Steve Rushin
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game