do you want to bet?idiom
variants: or wanna bet?
Definition of do you want to bet?
—said to indicate the listener's disagreement with a statement "The weather will be better tomorrow." "Do you want to bet?"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game