Definition of do well
1 : to be wise or use good judgment : to do what one should do You would do well to avoid him right now. You did well to avoid him when he was in a bad mood.
2 : to be lucky When the tornado hit, they did well to escape uninjured.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game