do something toidiom
Definition of do something to
1 : to change (something) in some way Have you done something to this room? It looks different.
2 : to hurt or damage in some way My knee is sore. I must have done something to it when I fell. I think I did something to my car when I went over that bump.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?