do someone's shoppingidiom
Definition of do someone's shopping
: to visit a place or places where goods are sold in order to buy the things (such as groceries) that someone needs to buy I can do your shopping for you until you get better.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game