do (someone) a power of goodidiom
Definition of do (someone) a power of good
British, informal + old-fashioned
: to help someone physically or mentally : to make someone feel better I think spending a day outside in the sunshine would do (you) a power of good.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game