Definition of dl
(Entry 1 of 3)
Definition of DL (Entry 2 of 3)
\ (ˌ)dē-ˈel, ˈdē-ˌel \
Definition of dl- (Entry 3 of 3)
1 or less commonly d,l- : consisting of equal amounts of the dextrorotatory and levorotatory forms of a specified compound dl-tartaric acid
2 : consisting of equal amounts of the d- and l- forms of a specified compound dl- fructose
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game