divinity circuit bindingnoun
Definition of divinity circuit binding
: a style of bookbinding that is often used for Bibles and hymnbooks and that is characterized by rounded corners on both book and cover and by a flexible leather cover with projecting flaps bent over to protect the edges of the leaves
— called also circuit binding, yapp binding
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game