di·thio·carbamic acid | \ "+...-\
Definition of dithiocarbamic acid
: an unstable acid NH2CSSH known best in the form of salts and disubstituted organic derivatives (as salts of the dimethyl derivative) that are made from carbon disulfide (as by reaction with ammonia or amines) and that in many cases are used as fungicides or accelerators of vulcanization
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game