Definition of dispensing power
: the authority of a judge, an executive, or an agent to suspend the operation of a specific statute or rule of law where the interests of justice can be better served by such action
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game