Definition of dispatch note
: a tag required on a parcel-post package in international mail giving facts (as weight, postage, names of sender and addressee, and sender's directions to the foreign post office if the parcel is undeliverable) that are essential to the handling of the package
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?