Definition of disk bat
: any of several tropical American bats (family Thyropteridae) distinguished by the presence on the thumbs and on the soles of the hind feet of suckers by which they can hang from a smooth surface
— called also disk-wing bat
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game