Definition of disjunctive legacy
: a legacy of the same thing given to two or more persons that is expressed in separate clauses with the latter gift or gifts apparently encroaching on the first gift
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game